Saturday, April 3, 2010

"March of Death!" 3/4 Special Edition


Full page o' glory! The newspaper printed a special music edition magazine in the paper last week which absorbed most of the content. As a result, we got a space three times as big as we usually do for the Marauders strip. It came at the perfect time in the story as well, right when the action is the most... action-packed. This was so much fun to do, and also so much work. I had to seriously rush a few of the panels as a result of basically doing three weeks worth of drawing in one week, and it was challenging to figure out the new layout. I think the serious hand crampage payed off though... it's certainly a nice highlight piece to the whole series, and a great opportunity to work on a larger scale.

I loved the way Divinus' teleportation scene worked out, as well as the final panel. They are some of my favorites from the whole series. I also enjoyed how reflective this was as a metaphor for my coinciding school life. March truly is a time of death, and I felt just like our heroes, unable to keep up with the horde of assignments pressing in on me from all sides. Will I get them all done? We'll just have to wait and see if our heroes survive...

No comments:

Post a Comment