Thursday, March 25, 2010

"March of Death!" 2/4


We finally get to figure out what's going on in this issue, with some hinted back-story. Which is great. Not to mention the important fact that I got to draw zombies. A zombie, I suppose (though he does break the "no talking" rule of zombies... though I suppose the fact that he's possessed accounts for that) . The Cap is also back from his hiatus -- off catching up with homework after his encounter with MechEng way back when -- along with Dr.Pine and Sulla. This strip only has 4 panels as well, alot less than the usual 6 or 7. It gives it more space for detail, giving me the chance to really lay on the ink. I think it turned out nicely. Like last week's re-use of Togo Salmon, the keen eye will detect that I used Captain Marauder's pose here for my poster design as well.

Fun Fact: Dr. Togo Salmon made his living researching the Italian Samnite people. Perhaps he read the wrong ancient scroll at some point... with dire consequences! But hey, I just draw this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment