Sunday, April 4, 2010

"March of Death!" 4/4 Finale


Well, 14 strips later and here we are... a full year's worth of little comic strips. I utilized last week's "March of Death" banner because I thought it worked really well, and embellished the title card to reflect the pulp adventure serials I was loosely trying to emulate. Everything is wrapped up in this one, and I think it's a great way to end of the series, since I myself will be graduating in a month. I brought in the array of heroes from one of my very first mock ups of the team I did for Tony back in 2008 -- ending as we began, in a way.

Next steps will include publishing the collected strips (either doing it semi-professionally, or just printing them off myself and stapling them, zine style) along with some sketches and additional material. It'd also be great to have students next year take up the mantle of The Marauders to keep them going for future generations of McMaster students to explore further. But, even if it ends here, it was incredibly rewarding for me to work on my first published comic this year. The perfect diversion from school work (too often, at times), I think it will ironically represent more about my future as a body of portfolio work than my history degree, demonstrating my ability to (somewhat hastily) get things in on a weekly basis. At least that's more than I could say about research papers.

I hope anybody who actually read it enjoyed it, I know I did. Now it's on to other projects! I've got a few ideas in the works, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment