Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Invasion of the Malice Circus!" 5/6


More La Spectra! This was the strip which ran just before reading week, which was a few weeks ago now... I'm a bit behind with posting, seeing as I've already finished this week's as well. I'm trying to get my bearings in terms of darkness in this strip, since it takes place with the lights off. Instead of making everything look really dim, I just went with a high contrast approach. I think it works alright. Divinus is my favorite hero so it was fun drawing him in action, but we're pretty limited in terms of how much we're able to explain characters' powers... so while Divinus has a host of cool spiritual abilities, I pretty much just stick with your generic hand blasts to keep it simple.

Fun Fact: Togo Salmon was a professor and History Chair at McMaster for over 40 years. One of "The Four Horsemen Halls" (Togo Salmon Hall) was thusly named after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment