Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Invasion of The Malice Circus" 6/6


This might be my favorite strip yet. Closing off the end of this arc, the action is the best so far and I got to spend alot of time fiddling around with sketches over reading week in Florida, giving me the chance to do some more detail and think about layout some more (although I've recently been told it might make it look too busy). I had the most fun with Kinessaurus, who is becoming somewhat of a favorite, and really nail down his appearance. He's taken an interesting evolution since his first appearance, just subtly evolving more distinctly bad-aced features. The original panels are each much bigger, so it's a bit of a shame I had to shrink them down... but I knew that when I was drawing them. As a result of the scale, the lines are much thinner than usual as well, which I think ends up working quite well in terms of the ink intensity I've been trying to balance.

I originally intended to have Lady Marron as the 3rd panel, but I'll let you use your imagination to project where Kinessaurus' slathering tongue would be curling around due to the overlap... Suffice to say I decided to keep it a family comic and swap her with Maroon Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment