Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Invasion of The Malice Circus!" 1/6



Well, it's been about a month since the last issue of The Magnificent Marauders in the paper due to the Christmas break. But we're back up and running with a new storyline (building on "MechEng Online!"). I had to stay up till 9am last night/this morning in order to make the deadline, but I'm still quite happy with the final product, despite my sore drawing hand and delirium.

With the advent of some new drawing pens, I've noticed my inks seem to be getting progressively darker compared to my earlier drawings when I had to hatch everything with a fine pen. I'm not sure which one is more effective. Perhaps I'll meet somewhere in between. I've also started lettering using a typeface called Lafayette Comic Pro instead of doing it by hand. This saves time, space, makes it more tidy and professional. I've gone back and re-lettered strips 1-4, which I might put up sometime in the future.

Fun Fact: La Piazza is cafeteria in the Student Center. The food prices in there give me about the same reaction as in panel 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment