Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some T.L.C.

Here are some drawings I've taken a bit more care in finishing (even if it's not all that evident in this sloppy Clint Eastwood):


I used to watch alot of Smallville before it got immensely crappy, which influenced the look of these characters... not the crappy part.


Working in ink is my real favorite. I've been working with it for years (Like in this grade 10 golden oldie wildlife project -- all I ever used to draw before I took a human anatomy class --
or the picture I did for my mom last Mother's Day with my baby sister taming my now-deceased loyal hound). I'm really happy to be working with ink for my comic now, developing a more stylized technique than I'm used to.



Since I love ink so much, why not spend an inappropriate number of hours poking at my page with a pen until it collects into what hopefully looks like a face in the end? I did this woman (who I lovingly call Dot) over about a semester's worth of lectures. The fellow to the right, I think, would be a perfect follow-up piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment