Sunday, November 29, 2009

"MechEng Online!" 1/3




"The Magnificent Marauders" is a little comic serial I work on with my friend Tony La Vella that's published in the McMaster University art and culture magazine... the namesake from our athletics mascot. We wanted to make something with some good ol' fashioned adventure comics cheese! Biff! Zonk! This is our Nov.5 debut strip where I'm playing with the Humanities vs. "MacEngineering" rivalry, having a bit of fun with how their big bad department sucks all the funding from everything else and takes up all the campus space.

After years of reading comics, this was really my first stab at drawing and producing my own. My style's a bit sloppy and ill-defined here, but it's still not as prenatal as my cramped paneling abilities. My method at this point is to draw each frame on about half an 8.5x11 page and scale it down to fit (whilst preserving the level of detail I want)... I'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment